today we want to show you our continuous integration process. Our projects are build and tested by Jenkins every day and on every change in our master branch.
The generated metrics will be uploaded to Sonar . If there are failures in our tests the team will be notified by email, an issue on our GitHub repository will be opended automatically
and there won’t be a deployment to our artifact repository.
We have several projects and some depend on others. We created a maven repository on GitHub for the project which needs to be included as dependency in the other projects. If the build is successful the artifact will be deployed to our GitHub repository and every project gets the latest changes through the included dependency. So there’s no need to check the project manually out and build it local.
last week we looked at some common Software Patterns and how we can implement them into GottMusIg!
We decided to try out the dependency inversion pattern, which wants high-Level modules to depend on low-level modules and both should depend on abstractions.
The abstractions are seen in the picture below:
Other modules of our Software use the abstraction „Entity“ to get the information from the several implementations. So other parts of our software don’t even know that there is an implementation, all they have is the interace where they can interact with the Entity below.
We already wrote some Unit Tests for our database service as shown here, and added testing in our maven build process.
We are able to start the Unit test via our IDE and have an integrated Coverage tool as shown in the pictures below. (The coverage will go up soon, i promise 😉 ) .
Our test dependencies are listed below.
Here the update for week 8 of our Software Engineering Project.
We use Coveralls and SonarQube in our automated test workflow within our Jenkins Server. As of now we have 21% test coverage on our database-service. We also added all the badges! Check them out at our Project repository.
More info on our testing Tools and workflow in our Test Plan
as promised we are continuing our work on GottMusIg.
We redefined our scope and came up with 5 new use cases we want to implement this semester. We are confident we will accomplish our (ambitious) goals to present you an awesome website.
We also came up with some risks that could endanger our project and how to mitigate them. Check it out!